Finding Real Answers, Inspiring Real Hope
Philanthropic investment will fuel strategic leadership, empower interdisciplinary teams of researchers, arm experts with cutting-edge tools and technologies, and prepare the next generation of researchers and clinicians to lead the future of ATD treatments, preventions, and cures. Each of the following investment opportunities accelerate TREAT’s formation forward in important and critical ways – helping us find real answers and inspire real hope.
A FIRM FOUNDATION
$25 Million: Name the Program for Treatment, Research, and Education of Adipose Tissue
A transformational named endowment will launch TREAT and sustain discovery, innovation, education, and awareness of ATDs – the first program of its kind in the country.
$2.5 Million: Endowed Chair
Dr. Karen L. Herbst, of course! She’ll chart the strategic direction of the Program, leading research teams and fostering collaborations that find answers. This position will include an endowed chair that supports salary and provides resources that make her research thrive. It will also fund a Research Coordinator to help with complex studies. The more resources she has, the more innovative and comprehensive our research can become!
$1-2.5 Million: Endowed Research Professorship
A host of expert UA faculty will come together to conduct collaborative research through endowed or research professorships. This diverse expertise could completely transform our understanding and lead to treatments. Current collaborators include faculty from nuclear medicine, lymphology, endocrinology, vascular surgery, plastic surgery, pathology, and more. Think of them as the TREAT entourage.
INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY
$25 Thousand - 5 Million
At the UA, we have technology to see deep within fat tissue, but even greater imaging resources and capabilities are needed. World experts in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can visualize the vascular and inflammatory aspects of fat in ATDs. Clear and pinpointed images set the groundwork for understanding and illuminating the path forward. Support will give us access to advanced resources and molecular techniques necessary for discovery and solutions.
$25 Thousand - 5 Million: Endowed Fellowships and Residencies
Dedicated and passionate residents and fellows will help with the critical tasks that keep research moving forward. They will provide care to patients who visit our medical facilities, and represent the future of ATDs care. The more future doctors who know about ATDs, the better.
To Make a Gift Online
Go to the University of Arizona Foundation giving page:
- Choose College of Medicine
- Enter the amount you wish to give.
- Go to the designation dropdown and click on “Other.”
- Write in the name of the fund: TREAT 20-10-2503 Click “Add Donation”
** You will have the option of making a re-occurring gift. If you wish to do so, you can pick which day you would like the payment made, and then you can enter your credit card and contact number. You will also be asked to select an end date and year for the re-occurring gift.
To Make a Gift by Check
Mail a donation payable to the University of Arizona Foundation.
Be sure to include in the memo line: TREAT
Arizona Health Sciences Center
Office of Development
PO Box 245018
Tucson, AZ 85724
To Make a Gift by Phone
If you wish to make a gift by phone, please contact:
Denise Guerrero, Gift Processing Specialist
Frys Community Rewards Program-Organization # 44002
If you are a Fry's V.I.P member you can also help contribute to the TREAT Program when you link our organizaiton number to your Fry's V.I.P card! When you link your V.I.P account to our organization each time you make a purchase at Fry's using your V.I.P card or alternate ID (phone number) the TREAT Program will get credit from Fry's. Fry's will then calculate all of our credits and send our program a donation! To link your Fry's card to our organizaiton please follow the steps listed below:
PLEASE NOTE: Before you can link your Fry's V.I.P account to our organization, you must have an email address
Step 1: Creating on Online Fry's Account (If you already have an online Fry's account, skip to #2)
- Go to http://www.frysfood.com/
- Click on "Welcome! Sign In" (top right)
- Click on "No Account? Register" (top right)
- Under "Create an Account", enter your email and create a password (write down your email & password-you will need it in step 2)
- Under "Select your preferred store", enter your postal code and click "find"
- Select your store then click on "Create Account"
- You will then be prompted to check your email for the conformation email
- Click the hyperlink "View My Account" in your email to finish creating your Online Fry's Account
- Continue to step #2 to register for the Fry's Community Rewards Program of your choice
Step 2: Register for the Fry's Community Rewards Program
- Go to http://www.frysfood.com/topic/community?activepage=community-rewards-2
- Select "Sign-In"
- Enter your email and password then select 'sign in' (this will be the email and password you created in step 1)
- Under "Welcome back" cloick "Your Name/My Account"
- Under "Account Summary" scroll down "Community Rewards"
- Click "enroll" under "Community Rewards", if prompted, enter personal information
- Under Find Your Organizatiob: Enter 44002 or University of Arizona TREAT Program then select 'search'
- Under Select Your Organization: Select box next to our organization (left side)
- Then select 'enroll'.
- If you have registered correctly, you should now see our organization information listed under 'Community Rewards' on your account summary page.